CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, March 9, 2009

Sick

It has not been a fun week at our house. On Thursday, Ryan woke up with a high fever, a cough, and body aches. On Friday, I took him to the doctor, where they performed a strep test (negative) and a rapid flu test (which wasn't so rapid, but that's a story for another time). Anyway, that one came back positive for influenza type A. He spent the weekend on the couch, playing with his toys and watching movies while we pumped him full of fluids and ibuprofen. Ibuprofen is a parent's wonder drug, by the way. I would like to personally kiss the person who invented it. I have never seen another OTC drug that can take care of a fever and aches and pains as well or as quickly as Motrin.

Friday night, Matthew spiked a fever. By Saturday, he was feeling like crap, too. Harold is home with him today and took him to the doctor this morning. They did not perform a flu test on him, but the doctor is pretty certain that's what he has, considering Ryan's diagnosis. They sent him home with instructions for plenty of fluids, more ibuprofen, and breathing treatments as needed. At last check, he was eating chicken mcnuggets and lounging on the couch. Looks like I'm going to be staying home with him tomorrow.

I am keeping my fingers crossed that Natalie stays healthy. So far, she seems to be feeling great (knock on wood!). She deserves a break after the bout of bronchiolotis and the double ear infection she endured a few weeks ago. It was so horrible her eardrum actually ruptured. Poor girl.

So, it looks like winter is hanging on in the Schreck household. Enter at your own risk. :)

No comments: