I haven't blogged since May. It's not that nothing has been going on. I think it's mainly because blogging just stopped being fun for me. It's so hard to blog freely when you're always thinking like an editor and writer. It was taking me forever to finish my posts because I was worrying about syntax, punctuation, and grammar. I was also always worrying what people who read my blog would think of what I wrote. I forgot that the point of blogging isn't to entertain my audience - it's supposed to be an outlet for me. I should feel free to share everything that I am thinking and feeling about being a mom, a wife, and a woman in today's society - without worrying that I'm offending someone, or that they will think less of me.
Sure, I want to update you on the kids. Sure, I want you to know what goes on in our everyday lives. But I also want to feel comfortable telling you when things aren't going so well. I want you to know that I'm not perfect. I want to feel like it's okay for me vent, complain, and share my frustrations. I want to tell you that I let the kids watch TV just so I could have some peace and quiet. I want to tell you that I fed them frozen chicken nuggets because I just didn't feel like cooking. I don't "wear" my babies, cook organically, or - gasp! - allow them to watch only educational programming on PBS. In other words, I'm definitely no Mckmama - and you know what? I don't care! None of that means I love them any less.
One thing won't change, though: I will still come here to brag about my kids. I will want to tell you that Matthew is getting near-perfect grades in school and reading at an almost-fourth-grade level. I will want to tell you that Ryan's DIBELS assessments were almost off the charts. I will want to tell you that Natalie used the word "actually" in a sentence - correctly. After all, these kids are my absolute pride and joy and sometimes I just want to shout it from the rooftops. Since I can't really do that, I'll have settle for singing their praises publicly on the Internet.
So, welcome to my new blog. Where sometimes I'm the mean mom. Where sometimes I'm the unsympathetic wife. Where sometimes I'm the imperfect woman. But where I'm always proud.
Now I better hit the "publish" button before I think twice.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
LOVE the "makeover"! You SHOULD be free to be you, because that's why we like you!
READ! - Michael
Post a Comment