CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

A conversation with Ryan

The following conversation took place between Ryan and I in the car this morning on the way to school.

Ryan: Mommy, why doesn't the devil ever come up out of the ground?
Mommy: Um....(this is me trying to buy time as I try to come up with an answer that a 4-year-old can understand).
Ryan: Is he afraid?
Mommy: Yes! He is afraid of God.
Ryan: Why?
Mommy: Well....because God is very strong and powerful. God is good and good is much stronger than evil.
Ryan: Is the devil afraid of Jesus, too?
Mommy: Yes.
Ryan: Is Jesus on God's team?
Mommy: Ryan, you are one smart little boy.

I have been thinking (and smiling) about this conversation all day. Isn't it amazing how insightful young children can be.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Mel (a bit belated)! I hope you had a great day.