I'm tired. I just mopped our kitchen floor. Twice. You would not believe the amount of dirt that is on the Swiffer pad when I'm finished. Where on earth does it all come from? I mop (twice) every week. We don't wear our shoes in the house. It's so frustrating! Remind me when we buy our next house to make sure the kitchen has a floor that doesn't show (and attract!) dirt so easily.
Also, I just can't seem to stay ahead of the game when it comes to the rest of the house. The second one mess is cleaned up, another one is created. I know it's because we have kids--I'm not naive. But I also have a husband who is a "piler." You know, one who makes piles--of papers, dirty socks, mail, and whatever else can be easily stacked. When I try to minimize said piles, I get lectured for throwing away "important" things. I just can't win. I am planning to train Natalie in the fine art of cleaning as soon as she's old enough (around the age of 2 or so). I'll have her wielding a broom and dust pan in no time. She will appreciate the Swiffer duster and the satisfaction that comes from having streak-free windows. If you want to know what to get her for her first birthday, a child-sized pair of yellow rubber gloves would be ideal.
Sigh. I guess I should get back to cleaning. There are 3 unmade beds, a pile of laundry, and a dirty kitchen table that are calling my name. Oh, and let's not forget the kitchen floor. It could probably use a third mopping.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
"This is the way we sweep the floor,
Sweep the floor, sweep the floor.
This is the way we sweep the floor,
So early Thursday morning."
Wow, I have had way too much of the sing-a-long CD!
There is nothing wrong with piles. Piles are the lazy engineer's friend! HA!
I am not stalking you, Mel. I promise!
I would LOVE to see a pair of yellow rubber gloves for a 1 year old! Natalie is so cute she could make cleaning in them look good!
Mel- Make sure you train Matthew and Ryan to clean also before it's too late! Stop the insanity from passing on to the next generation through the Y chromosome ;)
Post a Comment